Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today was a good day

Living on a farm teaches so many life lessons...many of which I didn't appreciate at the time. Character building jobs my parents called them. Now that I have 2 boys of my own I'm beginning to understand that they were meant to teach me something. We spent the morning working at grandma's. It's time to rotate pastures so that means it's time to do some flock maintenance. I think I got a pop quiz on a lambs fleece this morning from mom, pretty sure I passed :) Papa got things ready. Mason kept track of who we had already done. Alex, Mom and I started catching sheep. And Elliot kept us company. That went so well we just kept on working. We moved feeders, fence, and waged war with the bull thistles. Its hard, hot, stinky, sweaty work and I loved every minute of it. When we were done we had lunch in the shade. A good day. I always feel better after a day of working on the farm, things just seem to settle in my mind as I work. I still have the same uncertainties for the future, but tonight I feel a little bit stronger. God is faithful in what he promises us and I just needed to be reminded of that.

1 comment:

  1. And what a good day it was! We could not do all that we do without you guys to help us out, you know that don't you? It is great to work together ;)

    ReplyDelete